I'd like to gain some experience in software development/engineering by getting involved in a project which is just starting, so that I can be involved in the entire SDLC, not just the tail end of it. The problem with sourceforge.net is that almost all of the projects there are already mostly developed, and it's not exactly easy to find worthwhile ones that are just getting started. So I was wondering if there are any open source communities or anything like that where new projects are discussed and I could get involved in one right from the beginning to get the experience I'm looking for.

I was actually curious about the same thing. If you would be interested in starting a project I would be happy to help out. My skill set at the moment lies in C, C++, C#, Java, as well as PHP and the basic web scripting languages css, javascript, and html. I'd be more than willing to pick up a new language though.

-- Vexx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.