Hi,

There is a small blogging system where a user posts small blogs and they are time stamped, if this system was expanded into a distributed environment the main issue I can for see is with so many people using the system then posts will go out off order, the way I can see around this is that when the system is being coded that threading be used so that only one user can have access to posting on the blog at a time.

Is this the only issue that a distributed environment will have on the system or is there more and what would they be?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

if this system was expanded into a distributed environment the main issue I can for see is with so many people using the system then posts will go out off order

Can you provide an example of this case?

so that only one user can have access to posting on the blog at a time

Locking the system down to a single user at a time sounds like a horrible idea to me.

Facebook has this problem at times where peoples posts go out off order and can be confusing at times, although this is very rare.

Another issue I can think is a link from the user to the server could go down so a way round this could be to have multiple servers with multiple links so if one of the links goes down then the user can still access the application

although this is very rare

Provided your architecture is reasonably sane, timing issues will indeed be rare. Is it worth the cost and effort of solving the problem (assuming it can be effectively solved)?

No for it being a minor problem no.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.