1.11M Members

Which methodology to use?

Hello Everyone;
I am asked to draw dfd for Employee Monitoring System. Before it, there is a question about the methodology that I should use. I think it is more likely to use Waterfall model, because of the time schedules in the system. Anyway, I might be wrong, can you give me an idea about the design of the system.

A data flow diagram describes certain aspects of the design of a system. "Waterfall" is a software development methodology, which describes the process by which the system is built. I think you're comparing apples and oranges here. No matter what development methodology you use, you'll be able to create a DFD to describe your product.

Thanks for your reply, but you might misunderstood my question. There are two questions. First of them is " Which methodology would you use for that system?" The other one is to about data flow diagrams.

Thanks for your reply, but you might misunderstood my question. There are two questions. First of them is " Which methodology would you use for that system?" The other one is to about data flow diagrams.

Oh, sorry, I read that as a single question. It does make more sense as two :)

Are you able to share a more detailed description of the system you're designing? In particular, what activities are you monitoring, and how often? Is there a reporting requirement? For both the data flow and development methodology questions, a lot can depend on the requirements you have (or sometimes, don't have). Also, do you have any scheduling constraints--i.e., how much of it do you have to deliver, and when?

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: