I just have a quick question that I am hoping someone could help me out with. I have an assignment due about OOP's and GUI's and Event-Driven Programs. We have recently moved from structural design to these different designs...I and I seem to be confused a bit. Below is my assignment that I have been looking at with a blank face for the past two days...if someone could help me get started, it would be greatly appreciated...

Assignment -

Generate an object-oriented design for a system that keeps track of your CD and DVD collection
Identify each of the classes, associated data, and operations for the classes
Generate the pseudocode for each of the classes as demonstrated on p 251
Draw a GUI that will create the objects and provide access to each object’s processing methods. Note: Use the drawing tool in Microsoft® Word or in any other applicable drawing tool to complete this part of the assignment.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Identify what your class will contain.

What methods are applicable to your class etc.

Draw a GUI that will create the objects and provide access to each object’s processing methods. Note: Use the drawing tool in Microsoft® Word or in any other applicable drawing tool to complete this part of the assignment.

I don't know what that means :sad: Is your teacher asking you to draw a quick sketch of your GUI in word? Or how your UML diagram may look?

This is all I have so far...can you tell me if I am even on the right path...if not, please give me an example of what I need to do....
The drawing, I think she just wants a quick sketch of what maybe my dialog window would look like...I think I can handle that. It is just getting this thing going..

What I have so far...

System Requirements

Program must –

· Allow the following user options:
1. Quit
2. Save
3. Search
4. Delete
5. Edit
6. Apply
7. Add another
8. Option
· Contain command buttons

I am not sure of what classes I would use...gee I am so confused

Think about how you will organise your cds/dvd

I.e you might organise then by name, movie length, director, position on your shelf.

So you might have a class such as:

Class CD
{
     string name
     double movieLength
     string director
     string location
}

Then think about what methods will you use?

By the way, is this just a theoretical question or do you have to actually write a program to do it?

If so what language are you using?

I am having it hard understanding how to create a class...now from your example let me try. Your example is the class for the CD, now this is the main class, this top one, all of the attributes to this class named CD would be the name, movielength, director correct? Now to go on further, Name could have its own subclass as could Movielength, and Director, Correct?

I know I can get this...am I making it harder than it should be?

To answer your "By the Way"...below is a rubric for the assignment. It is no actual design...just what they list in the rubric and the pseudocode.

<FONT face="Times New Roman">Assignment Week Eight Due Day 7

OK that didnt work...

the rubric just breaks down the assignment into individual points
the requirements are as follows
Creates appropriate classes for CD DVD application 20 points
Creates appropriate properties or attributes for the classes 20 points
Creates appropriate functions 25 points
GUI design drawing 25 points

I just have a quick question that I am hoping someone could help me out with. I have an assignment due about OOP's and GUI's and Event-Driven Programs. We have recently moved from structural design to these different designs...I and I seem to be confused a bit. Below is my assignment that I have been looking at with a blank face for the past two days...if someone could help me get started, it would be greatly appreciated...

Assignment -

Generate an object-oriented design for a system that keeps track of your CD and DVD collection
Identify each of the classes, associated data, and operations for the classes
Generate the pseudocode for each of the classes as demonstrated on p 251

You have to read Inheritance and Polymorphism for this Assighnment.

public class Database
{
}

public class Item
{
}

public class CD extends Item
{
}

public class DVD extends Item
{
}

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.