<< split from here >>

I need help writing a pseuocode for the following statement:

pseudocode that represents the logic of a program that allows a user to enter a value for the radius of a circle and then provides the user with a choice between printing either the diameter or the circumference of the circle. Based on the user’s choice, the program should calculate the appropriate dimension and display the result. To calculate the diameter, multiply the radius by 2 and to calculate the circumference multiply the diameter by 3.14.

Salem commented: Congrats on bumping a 2 year old thread -1

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

EDIT: So embarrassing I won't even mention what I'm editing.

>>I think I will have to use a formula that will divide the number of seconds into hours, seconds into minutes, and the remainder will be seconds.

Yup, pretty close. You can use division, modulo, and/or subtraction in sequence to do what is needed.

NumberOfHours is InputSeconds divided by NumberOfSecondsInHour. Since this will be integer division there won't be any decimal point remainder.

After determining NumberOfHours, then you can determine the remaining seconds as follows: RemainingSeconds equals the remainder of InputSeconds divided by NumberOfSecondInHour (in C and C++ the remainder of a division involving two int variables can be obtained by using the modulo operator. So if num = 5 % 2, then num equals 1 since 1 is the remainder of 5 divided by 2) OR, if you don't want to use the modulo operator you could use RemainingSeconds equals InputSeconds minus the product of NumberOfHours times NumberOfSecondsInHour.

You can do a similar type formula for determining number of minutes.

(thread is from 2004)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.