Hwo can i create a chat bot?
with what programming language expect AIML?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

[thread]49[/thread]:cheesy:

If you like to write a personal IM bot, just follow these simple steps:

Step 1: Go to imified.com and request an invite. You should also give your bot a decent name because you can have just one bot per email address.

Step 2. An email with a secret key should arrive in your Inbox the next minute. Copy that key to the clipboard and go here to redeem that key.

Step 3. Now it’s time to create a bot which is actually a simple script that resides on your public web server. It could be in PHP, Perl, Python or any other language. More here.

This is the source of the PHP script I wrote for the labnol IM bot - pretty self explanatory - it reads your message, gets the relevant data from Google Suggest and echoes it back to the IM window.

<?php
// Get all the related keywords from Google Suggest
$u = "http://google.com/complete/search?output=toolbar";
$u = $u . "&q=" . $_REQUEST;

// Using the curl library since dreamhost doesn't allow fopen
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $u);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);

$xml = simplexml_load_string(curl_exec($ch));
curl_close($ch);

// Parse the keywords and echo them out to the IM window
$result = $xml->xpath('//@data');
while (list($key, $value) = each($result)) {
echo $value ."<br>";
}
?>Step 4: Once your script is ready, put it somewhere on your web server and copy the full URI to the clipboard.

Now login to your imified account, paste the script URL and add that im bot your friends list. That’s it.

This was a very basic bot but the possibilities are endless.

For instance, you could write a bot that will send an email to all your close friends via a simple IM message. Or you could write one that will does currency conversion. See stuff that is already implemented in this list of most useful Google Talk bots.

also if interested in history ..

following link might help..

www.snipr.com/idell

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Creating_a_bot

Regards,
Avi...
www.idell1.com

Can you please tell me how to create a bot for the ninja-rpg.com it is a text based game i want a bot for creating ryos and for training my id please tell me how to create a bot for that

This question should go in a new thread, not as a reply to somebody else's thread.

hello guys please tell me how to create bots i want a bot for theninja-rpg.com to make ryos (in-game currency) and train my character or can u please create a bot for me

and theninja-rpg.com is a text based online game please guys help me

commented: OK, your first bump was a noob mistake, but now you're just being stupid by ignoring responses and posting the same "me too" crap all over again. -6
commented: Comprehension fail - no bots for you. -4

Hello,
sorry about the reply as I am new and can't see how to create a new thread.
I would like to create a bot to look at a website and retrieve the same info every day. This will save me lots of time. This is for research for my company.
I'm no programming expert so I would like to know where to start.
For Example which language should I learn, someone recommended perl, do you agree. I would probably put the output into excel or mysql or access.

Any help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction to where to start. I have looked at other threads on this website but the recommendations are out of date.

thanks for reading.

if you're too stupid to find the button to post a new thread, you're far too stupid to create anything like a chatbot.

commented: stuuuuuuuuuuuuupid +7

He posted this nine years ago, why on earth would you reply to it?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.