#include <vcinpl.h>

instead of

#include "vcinpl.h"

how can I manage this?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Why?! :-O

commented: Don't ask that question :P It's just another noob who isn't aware of the bad things which could happen :) +17

Put this line on top of your program: #include <miracles.h> There's no point in what you want, however it's possible: just copy all your header files into your compiler's header files directory and it should be possible then.
But remember that there's really no point in doing this, it's even unpractical: everyone who wants to compile your code, has to copy your header files into his compiler's header files directory, and imagine what could happen when you create a header file which has the same name as a standard header?

It's trivial to achieve with -I. As an addition to the compiler include search path (for details, see your manual).

But if your only reason is "just because I want to", then it's not really recommended.

commented: Oops! Far better than my suggestion. +17

I've found that some compilers don't care whether you put in quotes or angle brackets. I personally like using the quotes to make it easier to distinguish compiler standard headers from others.

Because I want to reuse some part of another project(not my code), and when I copy and paste related part, compiler gives the error "<vcinpl.h>" and somehow it is compiled in original project. By the way, I am using Visual Studio 2005.

Why?! :-O

Because I want to reuse some part of another project(not my code), and when I copy and paste related part, compiler gives the error "<vcinpl.h>" and somehow it is compiled in original project. By the way, I am using Visual Studio 2005.

Sorry but I get a Syntax error here when I try to figure out what that means :P

Do you have the file "<vcinpl.h>" ? If yes: you could use the suggestion mentioned by Salem.
If no: You're out of luck. As far as I know vcinpl.h isn't part of any library, so you need to contact the original author of the file(s)

Salem's suggestion solved the problem.

In VS 2005, I added path to "Additional Include Directories".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.