redserpent7 0 Newbie Poster

Important: Please read the whole question before answering.

I would appreciate it if someone can guide me to the new MS APIs necessary for modifying/controlling the Windows 7 Action Center. What I need to do is integrate the Backup notification messages in my application which is a backup application in the Action Center. In other words, I want Windows to show that the backup operation was successful after the third-party software completes its backup operation.

To be even more specific.... is there a way to treat backup notifications the same way as the security notification/status messages... for example after installing an Anti Virus application... Virus Protection field in action center shows a message similar to this one: <App Name> reports that it is up to date and virus scanning is on. Where <App Name> is the third-party application name.

Is there a way to do something similar to that but on the Backup section of Action Center??.

My Question in a simpler form:

How can I change the default backup Application for Windows? And how can I monitor its status through Action Center?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.