Problem with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate

Member Avatar
StickyTape
Newbie Poster
10 posts since Jan 2011
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

I've been using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate to learn C++ and have created a project file. Within that project file are 2 .cpp files. I use one to refresh my memory of what I've learned and the other to enhance my knowledge of C++. The problem is that whenever I try to run my code, it returns nothing but "Press any key to continue..." in the command prompt. I have created the project as Win32 Console Application and haven't messed around with any of the settings; I think. Also, I press F5 to compile and run my code as I do not know where the "Compile and Run" option is in the interface. I am trying to run this code:

#include "stdafx.h"
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main()
{
	double a, b;
	int c = 0;

for (a = 1.0; a == 100; a++) {
        b = a/17;
	cout << "If the Earth is " << a << " pounds, the Moon is " << b << "pounds./n";
	}

c++;

if (c == 25) {
		cout << "/n";
		c = 0;
	}

system ("PAUSE");
	return 0;
}

When I press F5, it returns nothing but "Press any key to continue...". I thought that maybe I had typed the code wrong so I wrote a very simple "Hello World" code, that also returned "Press any key to continue..." in the command prompt.

Please help!
Thanks.

Member Avatar
myk45
Posting Pro in Training
417 posts since Sep 2010
Reputation Points: 48 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 50 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

a == 100;

This condition is not satisfied in the first iteration. So, the loop is terminated.

outside, c = 1

(c == 25)

So, even this condition is not met.

Question Answered as of 3 Years Ago by myk45
You
This question has already been solved: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: