hello everybody.

i bulding now a software with a data-base i am using MFC lib.

i need help how to add, edit & use data base in vc++

tks biny.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You need a database library

I would recommend you look into sqlite, it is a great database library.

Hope that helps!

-tundra010

sqlite is fine for very very small jobs. But so are just simple text files. For large jobs you will want an SQL compliant database such as MySQL of even MS-Access. In that case you will have to learn SQL (Structured Query Language) Links to tutorials here

Here is another tutorial geared specifically for MFC

Tks lot to you tow

Do you have to download a connector for MySQL to link to C++ ? (was working on a project in Visual Basic and had to download the connector for it to properly connect)

By connector do you mean a library? AFAIK you have to have MySQL installed on your local machine in order to write c++ programs because that's when the header files and libraries are installed.

Like, for Java, you have to have connector/J installed to be able to connect to MySQL. http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/ As far as I know they don't all come with the MySQL installer, and need to be downloaded. I might be wrong, and if I am, feel free to correct me.

Can anyone give me guide to use SQLite. Tks

Tanks. But I need deferent guide. Please

See this thread for an example program. And see the tutorials in my previous post to learn SQL, which you will need with SqLite.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.