Is the book "Wiley's Teach yourself C++" a useful book or is it one of the sub-par books?

Also, for a beginner is the book Object-Oriented Programming In C++ by Robert LaFore a good book to get and read?

arfatwahban commented: program +0

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

When it comes to a beginner's book on C++, there's only one choice: Accelerated C++ by Andrew Koenig and Barbara Moo. No other book I've read comes close to the awesomeness of that one as a first book, and I've read pretty much every text on C++ that you're likely to consider for quite some time.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Is the book "Wiley's Teach yourself C++" a useful book or is it one of the sub-par books?

Also, for a beginner is the book Object-Oriented Programming In C++ by Robert LaFore a good book to get and read?

I recomend Sams teach myself c++ in 21minutes. It's cool and easy to read. :cool:

When it comes to a beginner's book on C++, there's only one choice: Accelerated C++ by Andrew Koenig and Barbara Moo.

Seconded.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.