I'm 2 months into a vB.net class at my school and starting to grasp an understanding of programming. I would like to begin with C or C++ after my vB.net class is done or close to it. The point of this topic is to ask for any recomendatios you all have for books or websites for beginers into C and C++. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Stop by at daniweb. That's the best way to learn.;) Try reading the Sticky at the top of the thread for books n stuff.

a book os the best

dont dive staright into the GUI learn console C++ first

VB.NET followed by VC.NET and possibly VD.NET? My soothing condolence!

Depends what you want to do with C/C++. If you're really serious, buy yourself a good book as described in the sticky thread previously mentioned.

However, you can learn a significant amount from online tutorials, and although they only get you to a certain point, that point is actually far enough to give you a good understanding of C and C++.

Since you're using VB.NET, you'll probably be better off learning C++, as you'll pick up C along the way.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.