Hi! I need help with something that is IMHO a pretty simple matter: i need to make a program that uses wiindows forms in the way that there is one Main, Master form which holds all other forms in the aplication. For example, Master form has a toobar in which you can open more forms, all of which are 'inside' the master, and you cant drag them out of the main form - it contains them. Also, if you close the main form all forms close with it, but closing "lesser" forms do not affect the Master. I know this is a pretty clumsy explanation but I hope you unsderstand what I mean. I thank you upfront, for all your help!

Hi! I need help with something that is IMHO a pretty simple matter: i need to make a program that uses wiindows forms in the way that there is one Main, Master form which holds all other forms in the aplication. For example, Master form has a toobar in which you can open more forms, all of which are 'inside' the master, and you cant drag them out of the main form - it contains them. Also, if you close the main form all forms close with it, but closing "lesser" forms do not affect the Master. I know this is a pretty clumsy explanation but I hope you unsderstand what I mean. I thank you upfront, for all your help!

You are talking about an MDI (Multiple Document Interface) application. Do a search on MdiChild and you should get enough hits to satisfy your question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.