Hi

Does anyone know how to send sms using c#?

do i need to buy a modem which can insert sim card?

i have search the web. some do provide source code but it can't seem to work when i copy and paste the code to c#.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

you need to be connected to the net via a GSM modem. many cell phones support this feature. keep in mind though. its not free. never is. those networks are owned by phone companies. so although you can write apps that interact with their systems. ultimately you are a customer. and its no different than just sending the text from your cell. It still says it come from your phone, or whatever the number is for the GSM modem.

sorry but you missed the 7 pages of comments on that example saying it doesn't work.

sorry but you missed the 7 pages of comments on that example saying it doesn't work.

No matter whether the service is free or paid. The problem of poster was to send a SMS using C#.

OK, there is the cheeze. there is MANY ways to send SMS from C#. most of them do cost money. there are a few free ways, its just a little more complicated than it would seem.

First off, there needs to be a SMS gateway. usually done through WAP, or the internet from a GSM Modem, or cell phone.

Second way, its through a webservice API, but some company would have to front the money for this, usually free ones attatch adds at the end of your message, or log the numbers you message to for future cell spamming. There is only one really free one, and its API source code is written in Linux. and that is some site called Connel, or slomething like that. Been a while since I visited it.

Now for the one you really can use!
If you use an IPhone or Blackberry. you will notice that you can't send SMS Picture messages, haha, thats because what they don't tell you is that you are sending your sms on those smartphones through smtp. Almost every major Cell Phone provider, like ATT, Verizon, Sprit ect. has a SMTP MAIL to SMS gateway. that is free to you, if you know about it. and they don't advertise it.

Essentially. they don't give out all the info, so you will need to have a smtp server that you can use to send Email with. if you pay for internet, most likely you will have the info you need for it, and if you don't there are some free ones you can Look for, although the free one's fine print usually gives the property ofyour message, so it can be read, or edited, just read your agreements if you sign up for anything free.

essentially, you send an email to a certain address for each provider, and it will send the message to the number before the @ symbol. and the system. mail namespace gives you all you need for that.

here is a list of the email addresses

http://www.notepage.net/smtp.htm

now you will have to create a character counter, and a listbox to choose what provider the user is, and adjust accordingly.

BEST OF LUCK!

ok. have already bought a gsm modem. thanks all

Hi

Does anyone know how to send sms using c#?

do i need to buy a modem which can insert sim card?

i have search the web. some do provide source code but it can't seem to work when i copy and paste the code to c#.

Thanks

SNIP

commented: spam -3

Hi
does anybody know how to write a c++ programming about editing the sms before sending it?

commented: wrong forum -1
commented: N/A -1

Hi
does anybody know how to write a c++ programming about editing the sms before sending it?

If you are looking to send through mobile phone (GSM Modem) I can help you because I am currently developing a project to send sms through mobile phone.Around 50% of the work I completed and I am adding the technical details of the project in my blog. If you want to know more please follow this blog.

SNIP

commented: N/A -1

yes i am willing to develop afree sms application through c#, please help me for thisadvance thanx

hi, can you share with me the details of work that you have done for sending the sms using GSM modem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.