Hi all..

i want to know that for building a project of Flight reservation system in C#.net i should follow what datastructure? and would this project better developed using C#.net or ASP.net..
Need ur kind suggestions..
Regardz..

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

That industry is in the toilet ... I hope you don't expect to get paid! :P
As far as what technology to use that depends on your customers demand and what you want the application to use. Also the datastructure depends on the database you want to use. IE is this for school and can you get away with using local XML files or do you want to use MSSQL server?

Give us a little more background on what your goals are and i'm sure we can help you reach them

As above, your design will be based on the specification. If its a personal project then you need to examine the market you are aiming to design for, if its an educational assignment then the brief should outline your design requirements.

Esentially, if you plan on building this as a windows based application that runs on a client machine then go with C# winforms. If you want it to be an online form then ASP.NET is probably a good way to go.

Your intended platform will also impact your choice of datastructure; if your building it online, your hosting options will limit what database options are available etc.

This iz my smester project basically for my visual programming course..
and for this i am thinking to use MSSQL as a datbase and i want it to be a simple program that runs on my system. and a simple desktop application.. so C#.net goes for it i guess...
but what datastructure should iuse for it..?
And another help i need that sugesst me whether its better to go for online in this project or a simple desktop application..

And another help i need that sugesst me whether its better to go for online in this project or a simple desktop application..

If your choosing your project for a course then its more a personal choice. Which area of development do you feel more confident. If you have lots of experience in writing online apps then go for that and do it in ASP.NET with C# code behind. If you have only really written standalone desktop apps before, i'd recommend sticking with that.
Once you pick one, just write your brief to justify it: if you go online your breif can be something like "Pretend Air has decided to increase its online presence by providing a web based booking system for its customers. The system must provide the following features:...."
Or if you are going to do it as a desktop app then it'll be more like "Pretend Flights Ltd has decided to computerise its current paper-based booking system. They require a desktop solution that will allow the booking agent to log and track seat availabilty, bookings, etc....".

As for the datastructure, can you be more specific? You said you had already decided to use MSSQL. Are you asking how to design the database?

Hi all..

i want to know that for building a project of Flight reservation system in C#.net i should follow what datastructure? and would this project better developed using C#.net or ASP.net..
Need ur kind suggestions..
Regardz..

i think desktop application will be good.

Thanx to all for your kind suggestions..

kindly give a more details about flight reservation?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.