Hello every one
I am new to Bluetooth programming .. so I need your help plz
what I want to do is to make an application programmed in C#.net
this application will search for devices with bluetooth on them , then start a secure channel with a mobile via bluetooth.

but with no application on mobile .. I have to use the bluetooth capability found already in mobile devices..

What is the library used to do such thing ?!
What do u suggest me to do ?

waiting ur response experts
regards

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

32feet has a managed library for connectivity. But it covers everything from TCP Sockets to Bluetooth to Gps devices.

Don't worry about the mobile not having an application you've written. Provided you stick to the Bluetooth specification, the mobile device will be able to communicate.

thx alot Ketsuekiame
I am afraid I can't use 32feet.net library due to its lisence agreement
any other suggestions ?

thx

Ahm...What exactly about the license means you can't use it?

2. Grant of Rights
(A) Copyright Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, In The Hand Ltd grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce the software, prepare derivative works of the software and distribute the software or any derivative works that you create.

(B) Patent Grant- Subject to the terms of this license, including the license conditions and limitations in section 3, In The Hand Ltd grants you a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free patent license under licensed patents to make, have made, use, practice, sell, and offer for sale, and/or otherwise dispose of the software or derivative works of the software.

3. Conditions and Limitations
(A) Reciprocal Grants- Your rights to reproduce and distribute the software (or any part of the software), or to create and distribute derivative works of the software, are conditioned on your licensing the software or any larger work you create under the following terms:

If you distribute the larger work as a series of files, you must grant all recipients the copyright and patent licenses in sections 2(A) & 2(B) for any file that contains code from the software. You must also provide recipients the source code to any such files that contain code from the software along with a copy of this license. Any other files which are entirely your own work and which do not contain any code from the software may be licensed under any terms you choose.

If you distribute the larger work as a single file, then you must grant all recipients the rights set out in sections 2(A) & 2(B) for the entire larger work. You must also provide recipients the source code to the larger work along with a copy of this license.

This license indicates that you can use the software freely, so long as you reproduce the required parts of the license and make it available to your end use.

You can if you so wish, still sell your application. If you release your application as a single binary with everything packaged together, then you must grant the same license conditions on your entire file, as what 32feet grants to you (I wouldn't do it for that reason)

But the first clause is perfectly acceptable and is pretty much the same for all libraries that aren't closed source (which you generally have to pay for)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.