C# and VB.NET are very easy and very powerful languages to develop Windows applications. there are no fundamental advantages or disadvantages between then coz they both support every .net feature. But the point lies in the ease of use and the syntactical readability.

I prefer C# more becoz it resembles the common languages like c or c++ or Java. But VB is a bit different and for me it is a bit boring or stupid.

So what do you guyz think. Which one is the better one. Which one do u find easy to program with??

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Which one is the better one

There is no better one. Even in spoken languages. Which is better? French, English, Chinese?
But I agree that I have a (personal) preference for C# over VB and some other languages. But I still do some programming in VB for the moment!

I prefer C# over VB :)
Just a question about your explanation: what resemblence do C# and plain old C have exactly?
I havent found much tbh

C# is beautiful.

commented: Couldn't agree with you more. +3

C#

It's cleaner, its less typing, less room for typos, easier to find your place.
plus, Script#, the micro .net framework, Cosmos and dozens of other great programming tools are based on C#, not VB.

Hi!

I will prefer VB.Net, the reason is that it provide some functionality which i found preferable to me.

1) When I created a button both in C# and VB.Net and double clicked on it, at code behind btn_Click code generated. But when I decided to remove that code:
In VB.Net I can just select and delete the code, on the other hand in C# if i do the same designer the next execution will point to abc.designer.cs file o remove the delegate used. May be it is not important for somehow, but if you going to check that which event of a control raised by which priority, then you will feel the difference when select the best event.

2) If you have a low configuration PC which don't allow Visual Studio to process quickly:

In C#, if you decided to code on an event of a control and your current window is .cs file every time you need to display the form and click on the event button on the window and select an event for code.On the other hand VB.Net allows you to select the drop down on .vb file and select the control at the same place on the next drop down you can select the event you want to code.

These things are wired to me and compelling me to work on Vb.Net more. But still I can bear with both :)

Regards,
-Shahan

Hi!

I will prefer VB.Net, the reason is that it provide some functionality which i found preferable to me.

1) When I created a button both in C# and VB.Net and double clicked on it, at code behind btn_Click code generated. But when I decided to remove that code:
In VB.Net I can just select and delete the code, on the other hand in C# if i do the same designer the next execution will point to abc.designer.cs file o remove the delegate used. May be it is not important for somehow, but if you going to check that which event of a control raised by which priority, then you will feel the difference when select the best event.

2) If you have a low configuration PC which don't allow Visual Studio to process quickly:

In C#, if you decided to code on an event of a control and your current window is .cs file every time you need to display the form and click on the event button on the window and select an event for code.On the other hand VB.Net allows you to select the drop down on .vb file and select the control at the same place on the next drop down you can select the event you want to code.

These things are wired to me and compelling me to work on Vb.Net more. But still I can bear with both :)

Regards,
-Shahan

Hard to agree with this, Those things have never bothered me in the slightest. I don't really depend on the IDE at all, except for intellisense I love intellisense.

i'm taking c# in school and all my instructors shudder when ever VB gets mentioned

Hard to agree with this, Those things have never bothered me in the slightest. I don't really depend on the IDE at all, except for intellisense I love intellisense.

You are right that we should not depend on IDE, I just mentioned the problems I faced while working in these scenarios i mentioned above. In those conditions, you will probably found VB.Net preferable over C#.

I think i'll get accused of blasphemy if I was to choose VB over C#, lol.

UsSy

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.