hi there,
i have a question with the address text box. i am coding in C#. at first user enters the counrty. and then he enters the zip code. the state should pop up. for eg: if 60333 comes the relevant state should come up in the textbox called state how can i do this

please give me a tutorial
i don't know whether it is done in the code or with the sql code.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Depends how you want to store the zip codes and states. If you intend to track down and store the list yourself you will probably want to place it in a database. However, there are web services out there you could query with the zip code and get back the state.
If the zip codes are all the same length (5 charaters like the one above) you can include code to check when the zip code text == 5 and then call the code to access the database or web service. You will want to AJAX it too, I personally hate web pages that auto reload because of some obscure action I have done.

Depends how you want to store the zip codes and states. If you intend to track down and store the list yourself you will probably want to place it in a database. However, there are web services out there you could query with the zip code and get back the state.
If the zip codes are all the same length (5 charaters like the one above) you can include code to check when the zip code text == 5 and then call the code to access the database or web service. You will want to AJAX it too, I personally hate web pages that auto reload because of some obscure action I have done.

HI
i am trying to create a interface in windows desktop application. can i use ajax still. can i use web services for this??

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.