i have the server and client system. my problem is how the server enable to retrieve the client's bandwidth usage. i have the codes for bandwidth, but i am not sure how to do it because i confuse what extra codes should add in my client public partial class and the bandwidth class. As in my server program, i had created the windows forms labels for displaying the client bandwidth, and also do not know what should be added in the server code.
Please help, thank you.

here is the bandwidth class in my client side:

class Bandwidth_Speed
{
    private int bytesSentSpeed = 0;
    private int bytesReceivedSpeed = 0;
    private string Speed, InterfaceType, BytesReceived = "0", BytesSent = "0", Upload, Download, NetInterface;
    private NetworkInterface[] netface;

public void InitializeNetworkInterface()
    {
        netface = NetworkInterface.GetAllNetworkInterfaces();

for (int i = 0; i < netface.Length; i++)
        {
            BytesReceived = "0";
            BytesSent = "0";

for (int x = 0; x < 2; x++)
            {
                NetworkInterface nic = netface[i];

IPv4InterfaceStatistics interfaceStats = nic.GetIPv4Statistics();
                bytesSentSpeed = (int)(interfaceStats.BytesSent - int.Parse(BytesSent)) / 1024;
                bytesReceivedSpeed = (int)(interfaceStats.BytesReceived - int.Parse(BytesReceived)) / 1024;

Speed = (nic.Speed / (1024 * 1024)) + " MB";
                InterfaceType = nic.NetworkInterfaceType.ToString();
                BytesReceived = interfaceStats.BytesReceived.ToString();
                BytesSent = interfaceStats.BytesSent.ToString();
                Upload = bytesSentSpeed.ToString() + " kB/s";
                Download = bytesReceivedSpeed.ToString() + " kB/s";
                NetInterface = netface[i].Name;

Thread.Sleep(500);
            }
        }
    }
}

update:

is Hashtable method able to solve my problem?? if so what codes should i write? because this involving two program (client and server), i confuse how the server can retrieve those bandwidth value from client.

Anyone have any idea please help, thank you so much.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.