Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to store and search quickly a group of numbers.

What I want to do is store a group of Vector3D positions, and then later on, I want to search some sort of array/hashmap based on a current group of Vector3D positions.

The only way I see of doing it, is to first check for 1 of the positions, if that is there, then check for another positions and continue that way. Like some sort of tree.

I'm not sure if I explained that well, but I will leave it at that and see what comes up here! Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Your description is somewhat vague, but it sounds like you're looking for a graph. What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this data structure and algorithm? Explaining the ultimate goal of the feature as opposed to speculating about how it might be implemented will help third parties (like us) fully understand what you want to do.

I am developing a virtual reality system using kinect, if I could search a current stance depending on skeletal positions in a datastructure containing any possible action, well, you can see the benefit in that.

That does strike me as something that would best be implemented using a graph, but my experience in 3D motion capture is pretty much nil. So I'll defer to someone else to offer up a viable solution. ;)

How about a list of linked list, where each linked list contains each significant vector position required to satisfy a condition.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.