I created a text box event handler to only allow my textbox to accept Numbers only. The Event handler works great and does not allow anything but numbers except when the form first loads and the character entered is non-numeric it then allows the first charcter to be entered can be non-numberic. If I enter a number then erase it it will not allow a non-numeric character.

I saw one example of this but the texbox had a underline in it but it did not have any code in it.

Here is my event handler right now.

private void rtbQuantity_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
      rtbQuantity.KeyPress += new KeyPressEventHandler(rtbQuantity_KeyPress);
}

private void rtbQuantity_KeyPress(object sender, KeyPressEventArgs e)
{
    if ((e.KeyChar < '0') || (e.KeyChar > '9')) e.Handled = true;
}

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Never mind figured it out.

I guess that u should use this way that I give for u it is more professional
add using System.Text.RegularExpressions; to your project then
Define a Regex object
Regex FormatControl = new Regex(@"\D");
the @"\D" indicate that only numeric expressions would be accepted then and this if block

rtbQuantity
if (FormatControl.IsMatch(rtbQuantity.Text))
{
oTextBox.Text = "";
MessageBox.Show("Only numeric format would be accepted", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Exclamation);
}

hi,
here is the full code for creating a textbox that accepts only interger values.

www.source-code-spot.blogspot.com

I created a text box event handler to only allow my textbox to accept Numbers only. The Event handler works great and does not allow anything but numbers except when the form first loads and the character entered is non-numeric it then allows the first charcter to be entered can be non-numberic. If I enter a number then erase it it will not allow a non-numeric character.

I saw one example of this but the texbox had a underline in it but it did not have any code in it.

Here is my event handler right now.

private void rtbQuantity_TextChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
      rtbQuantity.KeyPress += new KeyPressEventHandler(rtbQuantity_KeyPress);
}

private void rtbQuantity_KeyPress(object sender, KeyPressEventArgs e)
{
    if ((e.KeyChar < '0') || (e.KeyChar > '9')) e.Handled = true;
}

Thank you

Or you could just use a NumericUpDown control as you SHOULD have done in the first place.

hi,

i use your code but when i have type in that textbox like 26354 and now i want to paste something non-numeric it will erase all data that i have already entered as 26354.

so i give you my code as given link above....

Or you could just use a NumericUpDown control as you SHOULD have done in the first place.

so i give you my code as given link above....

Stop spamming your website. We understood the first time you linked to it. Double posts were removed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.