8monkey Labs, creator of the multi-platform Marmoset Engine and shooter game, Darkest of Days, announced a plethora of new features and upgrades to their Marmoset Toolbag...and has invited 3D game artists to try it for free.
Marmoset Toolbag is a real-time material editor and presentation tool that allows you see and adjust your project as you go; basically offering a "what you see is what you get" workstation. 8monkey hopes that their program will serve as a stand-alone toolkit to create AAA-presentation quality to 3 models, texture sets and animations.
Upgrades and New features include:
- HDR image-based environment lighting
- 10 environment sky lighting presets
- Dynamic light creation and editing
- Smart scene-matched shadow projections
- Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)
- Circle of confusion / Bokeh depth of field effect
- Auto-turntable options for mesh, camera, and light rotation
- Screenshot output resolution up to 4096 pixels
- HDR screenshot output
- 6 blending modes
- 8 material channel modes
- 13 viewport rendering modes
- Tangent-space and World-Space normal map support
- Normal map invert/swizzle options
- Alpha-to-coverage transparency
- Editable Cinematic post-effect system
- Drag-and-drop GUI support for textures, meshes, materials, and more
- Saveable scene files
- Improved light and shadow accuracy and detail
- Expanded material options, including gloss maps and translucency
- Greatly improved and reorganized user interface
Sadly for me, this is a PC-only application. :@ My shiny Mac wants to make 3D renders, too!
PC users - If you like what you see, you can upgrade to a full license by July 28th to get 20% off. You can also win a full license by struttin' your skills and entering the CgTuts+ July competition . To learn more and download your free trial of Marmoset Toolbag v1.0, visit http://www.8monkeylabs.com .