IF anybody knows where i can get a free program to make flash games can u please leave the url that would be very much appreciated:mrgreen:

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Umm... perhaps use Flash? Just an idea, it might work...
http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/flashpro/

Of course, to make anything decent, you're going to need to be able to program or spend lots of time learning flash, and that takes time and effort, not to mention the fact that you have to own Flash.

does it have to be flash only?

Flash software was developed by Macromedia for a reason -- its proprietary software which has been licensed.

For developing Flash applications you have to use Flash.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Flash software was developed by Macromedia for a reason -- its proprietary software which has been licensed.

For developing Flash applications you have to use Flash.

hmm?

http://osflash.org/#what_is_osflash

hmm?

http://osflash.org/#what_is_osflash

That website seems to be merely a place for developers exchanging Flash program's source code - it still requires a copy of Flash to actually compile.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

That website seems to be merely a place for developers exchanging Flash program's source code - it still requires a copy of Flash to actually compile.

Hmm, yes I looked at it very briefly. I guess the title open source flash is rather misleading.

Hmm, yes I looked at it very briefly. I guess the title open source flash is rather misleading.

It was kind of expected. You just cant run a site openly which claims to host a free download or replacement to a proprietary or licensed software.

It was kind of expected. You just cant run a site openly which claims to host a free download or replacement to a proprietary or licensed software.

Actually though, there are a lot of open-source replacements to "proprietary" software. OpenOffice is a prime example, being perfectly capable of reading MS Office documents and implementing nearly identical features to make it a worthwhile piece of software.

But I still kind of doubt an open source Flash replacement will be coming anytime soon. :)

Yes true, but you are missing the point here. You just can't have a software which claims to create *.fla files and that too hand it out for free.

OpenOffice exists, that's true, but I hope you realize they can't even think of extending support for *.doc files (anyways only MS knows the format headers though there is always possibility of reverse engg).

A software which performs in a same way as another software is good to go, but a software exactly same as a licensed software sure sounds like walking on barbed wire.... ;)

A software which performs in a same way as another software is good to go, but a software exactly same as a licensed software sure sounds like walking on barbed wire.... ;)

I wasn't talking about software which performs identically to properietary software. Open source can almost always create a solution, but the result is generally lousy and unusable (take ReactOS as an example; it's supposed to work just like Windows, but in reality it's far too buggy for everyday use).

wow, i must've lost my brain somewhere, i cannot follow you guys, well, true, but well, who am i to speak, i just wanted to be somewhere near you guys, hehe, true sometimes money are inspiring, so the non-opensource is always win, because the development is scheduled and handled by true hand, well, we just hate the serial numbers not the makers, hehe they just trying to get moneys of it, while opensource is free to use without serialnumbers or anything hoping the development will came over just like puff! wich is almost impossible to have breaktrough in few weeks, well well well, money does have power about this...
we won't waste our time if not having a good time right? well, some people think, good time is always available when you don't have funds issues, that's why they and us keep after a job or such to get money.. can't blame none, these are just anyone options, that's how this world works, within option, which side are you?

hey im new to the flash prgram and i was wounderign if any oen coudl tell me the basics at <<email id snipped>>?

hello sir, im also finding the software for making games too. Try finding in "thepiratebay.org" like torrents or stm.. tell me if you know too.thnx!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.