I have not got javac on my computer, but I do have java. How do I get javac?

I haven't downloaded the jdk yet because apparently it comes with Java as well, adding more to the download. can I just get JDK?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The JDK does come with the JRE bundled in and no, I don't believe you can get just the JDK portion by itself.

Thanks man.

Okay, I've downloaded JDK, but when I try to run the command in DOS, it says that it is not a recognized command or something like that.

I have read a bit about editing the PATH variable, but now everybody is saying that there are 2 ways to do this, so I don't know how the hell, or what the hell I must do.

Okay, I've downloaded JDK, but when I try to run the command in DOS, it says that it is not a recognized command or something like that.

I have read a bit about editing the PATH variable, but now everybody is saying that there are 2 ways to do this, so I don't know how the hell, or what the hell I must do.

What OS are you using? Windows XP Service Pack 2? Vista? And I assume by DOS you mean the Windows Command Prompt.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.