hia, the below program is a Simulation of Producer-Consumer Problem using Race Condition.Please can anyone help me to finish this program in java language.Thanks a lot
lux melxxx

Producer/Consumer code

int BUFFER_SIZE = 100;
int count = 0;

void producer(void) {
    int item;
    while(TRUE) {
        produce_item(&item);
        if(count == BUFFER_SIZE) sleep ();
        enter_item(item);
        count++;
        if(count == 1) wakeup(consumer);
    }
}

void consumer(void) {
    int item;
    while(TRUE) {
        if(count == 0) sleep ();
        remove_item(&item);
        count--;
        if(count == BUFFER_SIZE - 1) wakeup(producer);
        consume_item(&item);
    }
}

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

That's C, not Java. And the code is far from complete, can you give more detail?

That's C, not Java. And the code is far from complete, can you give more detail?

hia, i want to write the program in java language.The program is a Simulation of Producer-Consumer Problem using Race Condition, using SLEEP/WAKEUP.
chessxx

>i want to write the program in java language
Then you're using the wrong language.

>The program is a Simulation of Producer-Consumer Problem using Race Condition, using SLEEP/WAKEUP.
Typically when I ask for more detail, I'm looking for something other than a regurgitated version of the original question with an addition that's obvious from looking at the code. You haven't told me anything new, but I'll give you one more try before I plonk you.

>i want to write the program in java language
Then you're using the wrong language.

>The program is a Simulation of Producer-Consumer Problem using Race Condition, using SLEEP/WAKEUP.
Typically when I ask for more detail, I'm looking for something other than a regurgitated version of the original question with an addition that's obvious from looking at the code. You haven't told me anything new, but I'll give you one more try before I plonk you.

Right, i want to have one producer, one consumer and a buffer of size 100.Everytime the consumer consume, buffer size is decrease by one and producer is notified and vice-versa.
Any help of coding will be really appreciazted but if not thank you.

Most tutorials on multithreading in Java use this scenario (or a similar one) as an example.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.