hi everybody, I'm having a problem on what to do next in my project. below is what i need to do.
if any body let me know if i'm doing it right and if i need more classes. help on boolean, clone and finalize method. Thank you...

A library needs to keep track of its books. Write a class called Book to hold information on a book. Various attributes of a book are its title, author(allow up to four authors), ISBN number, publisher, copyright date, price, etc. Include all appropriate accessor and mutator methods. Include a boolean to determine if the book is checked out or available in the library. Override the Object methods appropriately (equals, hashCode, toString, etc.). Implement cloning of a book. Include a static member called nBooks which will be used to keep up with the total number of instances of Book you have in the library (hint: to do this you will need to add code to all constructors and also include a finalize method). Write a test program that will create at least 10 books, cloning at least one. Display the number of books at the beginning of the program (should be zero). After each book is created display the total number of instances of Book existing at that time. Test checking out books and checking in books. Display a list of all the books showing which ones are checked out. Use the equals method to discover and remove the cloned book(s). Add up the total cost of all of the books in the library. At the end display the number of instances of book before exiting the test program.

Hi

Begin whit this site:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/
and read about:
Class Object
Interface Cloneable
Class Boolean
You will find them in java.lang.

Then Google for examples of these and begin to try from there.
You can also Google to see if there are information on similar projects.

Write your classes on paper whit name of the class and name of instance variables and methods that belongs to the class. Try to think about how the classes you have written down will be connected to each other. That gives you an overview to begin whit.

You have to store the book-objects in some way, make a decision of how.

Some kind of GUI is perhaps needed? Do not mix the GUI whit the logic, try to separate it.

Do not forget to test your code piece for piece. This makes it easier for you to detect when and where there is something wrong.

Good luck =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.