Hello everyone,

I have heard that there are some offline technologies which can enable users to browse web site in offline mode. It can prefetch some information from the web site (for example, Yahoo map data for some specific cities) when network connection is available. And when in the future the network connection is not available, the user can offline browse the information which is prefetched before. The user can also put some queries to the "prefetched web site" even when the network connection is not available, and the queries can be sent to the web server when network connection is available.

I am wondering whether there are any papers, tutorials and specially Java open source technologies in this topic.

Thanks in advance,
George

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

i'm a little confused: what exactly do you want the papers and stuff on (ie: how this works, why this happens, etc.)?

Thanks C++,

i'm a little confused: what exactly do you want the papers and stuff on (ie: how this works, why this happens, etc.)?

I want to learn how this type of technology works, and I am very interested in running a protocol type of this type of technology on my personal machine to show cool stuff :) , so I want to know where can I find related open source projects.

It seems that you are an expert of this topic. Could you help?

regards,
George

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.