Hi!
I would like to send SMS messages from Sharepoint when a server goes down. I have found this website that explains how to integrate it with this Ozeki NG SMS gateway. The software is ok when trying to connect the JDBC with my database, and this whole configuration looks good, but it is not free. Does anybody have any experience with this solution, or can you recommend something similar?

http://www.sms-integration.com/p-17-sms.html

thx in advance guys

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi Adan,

My company has been using Ozeki for quite a long time (approx. more than a year) and it is a very good solution for developing business plans. Few months ago we had some problems with Arabic character encoding but the Ozeki engineers have fixed it in no time.

I can say that it is a very reliable software that you can use as a long-term solution. The only disadvantage is that is not a freeware.

I cannot provide you information about using it with Sharepoint, but as a developer I have integrated it into a PHP website and used it with MySQL. Everything worked smoothly.

Hope I could help.

(By the way, thanks for www.sms-integration.com, it seems very useful! I think this is sort of a new stuff.)

How to save an incoming SMS in a SharePoint 2010 list and then process on that SMS and auto reply back with the matched content back to the sender ? Does anybody have any idea about this ?

Basically I want to develop a SMS based online dictionary .
User will send a SMS containing an unknown word ( for e.g. Spanish word ) to the short code provided by Website and then Short code provider will forward that SMS to OMS ( OutLook’s/SharePoint’s inbuilt feature = Office Mobile Service , with which you can send SMS/ e-mail alerts) Provider .

OMS service provider will forward that SMS to dont know to whom , I am totally unaware about this thing .. But from whatever destination that SMS may reach , it should be saved into SharePoint List . SharePoint List will contain a Wordlist and meanings of those words … then Search should take place where meaning of that word should be matched and then a new SMS should be generated and it should be sent back to Sender Number via the same path through which it was received.

Does anybody have any idea about my requirement and how should I approach to the solution of this particular project . My team Leader wants a POC of this project and not a complete project .. just for showing something to the customer ..

I have been searching for this thing since last 10 days or so and so far I have found no viable solution for this . I am a new SharePoint developer ( totally beginner ) and I have no what so ever idea about this thing . If it was in ASP.NET then I would have used web services and APIs given by various site and would have developed this solution .. BUT SharePoint seems to be an alien thing to me ..

With SharePoint you can only send alert SMS's which doesnt have any facility for sending custom auto reply to recieved SMS's .

I AM SO HELPLESS and I NEED urgent HELP .. Has anyone developed simmilar solution in the past …

Sorry For Late repaly Let me know your refferal site as soon as possible I will give you feedback about this site

Ali_42: is this what you revive a dead thread for ? the thread is five years old. if the OP hasn't found it by now, chances are, he's not looking anymore.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.