1.11M Members

Looking for open source gateway

Hello everyone,

I am looking for open source gateway written in Java. It is better a light-weighted and easy-to-configure gateway, which could be used in J2EE/J2SE/J2ME applications.

Thanks in advance,
George

I hate to refer you to google, but I think that's the only way you'll find one.

Thanks server_crash,

I hate to refer you to google, but I think that's the only way you'll find one.

I have searched by keywords "open source gateway Java", but I can not find any useful information (most of them are not general purpose gateway, but specific purpose gateway, like WAP gateway and payment gateway).

I am looking for a gateway software (like sygate) which acts like a router, which can do NAT and which can make several computers share the same external IP address. Could you help?

regards,
George

Thanks server_crash,

I have searched by keywords "open source gateway Java", but I can not find any useful information (most of them are not general purpose gateway, but specific purpose gateway, like WAP gateway and payment gateway).

I am looking for a gateway software (like sygate) which acts like a router, which can do NAT and which can make several computers share the same external IP address. Could you help?

regards,
George

Sorry man, I can't find anything and I really don't know anything about that. Maybe the link paradox posted will help you.
sorry.

Thanks all the same, server_crash. You are always warm-hearted. :-)

Sorry man, I can't find anything and I really don't know anything about that. Maybe the link paradox posted will help you.
sorry.

regards,
George

Thanks paradox814,

you can find plenty of them here:
http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=gateway&trove_cat_id=198&section=trove_cat&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

Your reply is very helpful! I have searched freshmeat but can not find a general purpose gateway (means software acts like a router, which can do NAT and which can make several computers share the same external IP address.) written in Java, while there are C version ones. I am wondering whether you have experience of using open source gateway written in Java. Do you have any recommendations?

regards,
George

I doubt you will find much, since java really isn't the best for protocal work and most moden OS's have NAT anyway.. Your best bet would be do it yourself, since i really doubt you will find java NAT, though you might find a http proxy...

Thanks Paul.Esson,

I doubt you will find much, since java really isn't the best for protocal work and most moden OS's have NAT anyway.. Your best bet would be do it yourself, since i really doubt you will find java NAT, though you might find a http proxy...

Your reply is very helpful. It seems that you are experienced with Java HTTP proxy. Could you please recommend some good ones?

regards,
George

You
This article has been dead for over six months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article