hi every1

i am doing my final year project next year and i have decided to do something in java but cant think of it.

does any1 have an idea of what to do

thanx :) :o :surprised :confused:

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

What do you want to do ?? a desktop app, a network software, a web applicaiton or some mobile coding ?

thanx for the reply!

any of those choices would do but i am thinking of doing a desktop app but i need more examples in that area and guidance

thanx

hi sam............if u have thought of
doing the project in Java......then
u have made a good decision........

well.......java is such a language
u can develop many type of projects
as being mentioned by nanosani........

the most common ones are web applications
most guyz of our college ar doing that
well to develop web applications
u need to know JSP,servelts,JDBC

in desktop u cud do several typo
things......to get an idea visit
https://javadesktop.dev.java.net/

cheers,

frank

Maybe you can work on some kind of simulation things such as traffic simulation with intelligent drivers, pedestrians... or air control simulation. Also a modeling kind of thing might be interesting too, maybe a web based human nerve system modeling for doctors maybe so that they can try any new operation on that model and see the basic complications or endications which might occur... or things like that.

Maybe you can work on some kind of simulation things such as traffic simulation with intelligent drivers, pedestrians... or air control simulation. Also a modeling kind of thing might be interesting too, maybe a web based human nerve system modeling for doctors maybe so that they can try any new operation on that model and see the basic complications or endications which might occur... or things like that.

Simulation project !! good idea ... I studies a subject digital signal processing but my teacher forced me to do the simulation project in C++ ... he said that C++ was more suited in these types of projects.

You can also see this page for project ideas :

http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jagg.html

well........moi was very interested in doing
my project in JAVA but my project guide
told me to a project in C.
have done a networking based project
boy it was some tough........

hi

can u give me more information and guide of how this simulation works and how should i start. e.g the functionality and how the users are using it..

thanx

thanx for the information yassar!!!!!

i will read it carefully and think about it.. if i get stuck i wil let u knw

thanx again

Here's what I did for my final year project:

A simple webcrawler
hangman that helps you with the SAT
flashcard game that allows you to easily create flashcards

server crash, how do u nake a webcrawler?

hi server_crash thanx for the reply

can you plz add more info on those topics.

can you help plz!!!!!!!!!! :p

hi every1

please tell me that which last year u are doing. what type of project do u need.
whether it is web project or standard application. please decide it
and mail me SNIP

can you help plz!!!!!!!!!! :p

Ok, sorry. The webcrawler is tuff if you want a good one, even a descent one is hard. A very simple webcrawler is pretty easy, although you want have much to show for. Personally, I would stay away from it unless you really want to do something "big",or you have a lot of time dedicated to studying.

The flash card maker. That was a pretty easy one. It allows the user to do file operations as in saving and opening. Teachers would probably like something like this.

The hangman was the most fun, and the easiest. There are endless possibilities as to what you can make out of the game. I made mine an SAT helper game. It read from a file, and chose a random word out of 5000 words. It gave the user a hint, and it gave the definition at the end of the program.

It's really your choice, you have to decide.

hi sam............if u have thought of
doing the project in Java......then
u have made a good decision........

well.......java is such a language
u can develop many type of projects
as being mentioned by nanosani........

the most common ones are web applications
most guyz of our college ar doing that
well to develop web applications
u need to know JSP,servelts,JDBC

in desktop u cud do several typo
things......to get an idea visit
https://javadesktop.dev.java.net/

cheers,

frank

Hi, i'm vyshak. I'm at final year and am thinking of doing a project on Java.
Can you please name some websites where can i get java projects with source code. Kindly, help me!

Hi, i'm vyshak. I'm at final year and am thinking of doing a project on Java.
Can you please name some websites where can i get java projects with source code. Kindly, help me!

Doing a project and downloading the source code of a completed one are not the same. Perhaps you aren't ready for your final year if you can't understand that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.