Hi,

I need help,
I am trying to connect from remote windows xp computer B to ms sqlserver2005 express edition in another windows xp computer A and got this error:

java.lang.classnotfoundexception com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.sqlserverdriver

My software can connect locally to the sqlserver 2005 though in the local computer A, however when i tried to connect remotely, i just got that error.

In the remote computer B, i have sqljdbc.jar in lib but there is no ms sqlserver 2005 installed. i try to set the classpath c:\program files\smcpl\btrek\lib\sqljdbc.jar but still get the same error.
Please advise how to resolve this. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

In which computer you have the java files which use the classes form this jar file? Try to set the classpath in that computer or set in both!!

In which computer you have the java files which use the classes form this jar file? Try to set the classpath in that computer or set in both!!

I have tried setting the classpath for both computers still doesnt work still getting the same error. pls help I have been stuck for weeks trying to connect to sqlserver2005 express remotely. Thanks alot

put sqljdbc.jar in Computer A and set the classpath of this file in Computer A.

put sqljdbc.jar in Computer A and set the classpath of this file in Computer A.

yes i have done that classpath c:\program files\smcpl\Btrek\lib\sqljdbc.jar

but still in vain ? how?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.