I am using Netbeans. I have one JFrame with JMenu, and one JDialog. I want to show the dialog when i click the menu, but it doesn't work. I only wrote this codes to my jframe and i didn't add or change any codes on the dialog:

private void jMenu1ActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt)
{
   frm_edi ed= new frm_edi(this,true);
   ed.setVisible(true);
}

Help me please. Or if you don't use Netbeans, can you please show me a simple example of a GUI in Java in case of:
The GUI consist of a JFrame with only one button and a JDialog.
When we click the button, it shows the JDialog.

Thank U very much for any help..

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

private void mnOneActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt)
    {
        jDialog1.setVisible(true);
    }

shows the dialog on my netbeans(6.9), depends on what you mean by show?

Krefie

For more precise: I build the JDialog from File-New File-Swing GUI Forms-JDialog Form and I name it: frm_edi
I'm using Netbeans 6.5. I've tried your code and it doesn't work.

-_- could you post ur whole code for me plz

krefie

Sorry for late reply. Those are all codes I wrote, nothing more. I think I have fixed the problem. I added a menu item named jMenuItem9 below the jMenu1 (previously i only had one menu, without any menu item below) and I applied relatively the same code like these in the JFrame:

private void jMenuItem9ActionPerformed(java.awt.event.ActionEvent evt)
{
   frm_entry_indent fei= new frm_entry_indent(this,true);
   fei.setVisible(true);
}

And it succeeded calling the jDialog named frm_entry_indent. In Netbeans we cannot add a menu without menu item below it because when we add code to that menu, it won't run.

hmmmm,

yeah, thats exactly what I did, soz I didnt notice that!

wel atleast you got it working then?

Regards Krefie

what is this true for.... means

kindly reply....

what is this true for.... means

kindly reply....

He wouldn't know as it is IDE generated code. Obviously another drag&drop NetBeans developer in making that has no clue about coding

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.