Dear team,

I have done some java programs .Still i am confused what is the difference between
j2se vs j2ee vs j2me .

Can any one explain what is the diffrence .

I want to do sun certificate in java.Can any one have idea about the sun certificate.

Thank you,

With Regards,
Prem

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

> j2se vs j2ee vs j2me .

Simply put:
J2SE - Standard edition; standalone applications
J2EE (is actually called Java EE) - Enterprise edition of Java for managed applications; built on top of Java SE and adds enterprise capabilities (read specifications) like web applications, business components etc.
J2ME - Java for mobile platform; kind of stripped down version of Java SE with added mobile development related API's

I want to do sun certificate in java.Can any one have idea about the sun certificate.

What kind of *idea*? BTW, it's now Oracle and not Sun certification. Sun is dead.

What are the things(portions) which are covered in J2SE and J2EE ?

Did java has a further development after oracle brought sun.

Thank you

Thank you ~s.o.s~ for your response.I have seen your all posts its all nice .It shows your passion and commitment to the work .

Is any one know about the oracle certification in java exam patterns(format).

Thank you ~s.o.s~ for your response.I have seen your all posts its all nice .It shows your passion and commitment to the work .

You are of course welcome. :-)

Is any one know about the oracle certification in java exam patterns(format).

I've earned a couple of certifications when Oracle Certification was still Sun Certification.

AFAIK, it's only the name that has changed, the subject matter remains the same. For the entry level certifications (SCJA, SCJP, SCWCD), topping the exams is as simple as knowing the Head First book for that particular certification like the back of your hand. Plus of course a bit of practice.

You'd be surprised given the large number of folks who think that just reading the same content over and over again would be sufficient. If you are approaching a certification, make sure you *practice* each and every thing you learn i.e. learning by doing. Also, make your own set of notes which kind of contain the extract of each and every chapter which you are easily refer one day before the examination. Coupled with helping out other people on Java certification oriented forums (this or some other site) would greatly increase your knowledge about the subject matter.

Good luck. :-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.