I'm working on a project that would require me to integrate PayPal into it somehow. I don't know how exactly to go about this, but I'd like the code to be in Java if possible, but really any programming language is fine. Does anyone know if I could do this without the use of '.php' files? Please help me out, I'm stumped here.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

PayPal provide SDKs for

• Java
  • ASP.NET
  • Ruby
  • Classic ASP
  • PHP
  • ColdFusion

You can download necessary stuff here and examples can be found here

Thank you 'peter budo', I downloaded the Java SDK from Paypal, but now I don't know how to import it into my project. I'm using NetBeans IDE 6.9.1.

Extract downloaded ZIP, inside you will find "lib" folder with number of libraries.
If I'm not mistaken you need in your project create directory "res" or "lib" (recommended to do on top level), copy&paste libraries there. Right click on project name, select Properties, select Build and then Libraries&Resources, in right side select Add JAR/ZIP and navigate to the location of libraries. (See this article with screenshots)

Thanks again much!!!! I tried writing some of the sample code in the 'README' file of that PayPal SDK you directed me to and it's not recognizing the functions :(. Is there anything that I need to import at the top of the code where it says:

import org.jdesktop.application.Action;
import org.jdesktop.application.ResourceMap;
import org.jdesktop.application.SingleFrameApplication;
import org.jdesktop.application.FrameView;
import org.jdesktop.application.TaskMonitor;
import java.awt.event.ActionEvent;
import java.awt.event.ActionListener;
import javax.swing.Timer;
import javax.swing.Icon;
import javax.swing.JDialog;
import javax.swing.JFrame;

First 5 statements is from Appframework. I couldn't found ready to use JAR therefore you will have to go their SVN, download source code for it, compile it and you will get JAR to use. Or perhaps is time for you to look into Maven 2 and create pom file (pom.xml) that will take care of getting all libraries for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.