Hi

If someone could please advise me I was thinking of starting a course in Java programming online with one day workshop,the course requirement Knowledge of programming principles and experience in procedural programming or scripting languages, such as Visual Basic, C, or JavaScript; and an understanding of object-oriented languages, such as C++ or C#, is an advantage.

I did C&G basic programming language along time ago and I am familiar with HTML code more recently would it be any point in me doing the course.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Do you get a recognised qualification at the end of it? If not then I would say no, as you can learn pretty much everything about java online; through tutorials and webpage content.

commented: good advice i'd say :D +2

Hi Katana24 Yes there is a qualification

Thanks

Someone who promises to cover all of that in one day might be promising too much.
I could tell you how each of those things work over the course of six or eight hours, but most of it requires a certain amount of time at the machine to make sense. You have to write programs to learn programming - anything else is secondary.
For example, I can tell you that the "static" modifier indicates that a particular class member pertains to the class, and not to any instantiation of the class, but working out the implications of that takes writing code, making mistakes, and beating your head against walls. Mistakes are your best teachers, and a one-day course just doesn't give you any time to make your own mistakes.

You can learn a lot through tutorials if you're motivated, or you can do serious coursework if you want to get into the heavy stuff and you want someone to show you the paths, or you can do some combination of the two, but a one-day session seems dubious to me.

commented: Agreed +1
Member Avatar for ztini

I think there's a reason that a Computer Science degree takes 4 years and not 1 day...but I can't put my finger on it...hrmmmmm

commented: Nice. +2

Computer Science is a totally different course,for a start it is a degree course and covers a far wider area of topics.

Member Avatar for ztini

Cypher---you're right, Java programming isn't just syntax...

Wait a second...isn't that what I was eluding to? *gasp*

java soo easy....................

commented: Thanks for this absolutely useless post. Fail. -3

Hi, if you have interest in java you can..java is developer friendly...

java soo easy....................

thats your first post here, did you come just to brag?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.