Hello friends,
Forgive me If I am posting this on a wrong Section. I am developing an application in Android. In that I need to compare a Audio file with the Audio input(Singing Voice input) and tell that whether that is same song or not. So I dont know which parameter of the audio I need to compare like frequency, Amplitude, or others. Please suggest me a way to start this.
Awaiting for the reply......

regards,
Sakthi.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hello friends here,
No replies yet.
Somebody reply me soon.....

Hello friends here,
No replies yet.
Somebody reply me soon.....

What is Happening? Nobody ready to answer here?

Please somebody guide me.

well, there are ways to see the bit/byte representation of an audio files. in linux, you type "od filename" (od standing for octal dump), and what you get is a hexadecimal representation of an audio file. there are different options you can pass to od to give you various results... I suspect you're willing to go too deep with this and see how to make use of it, but I thought I give you some idea. besides, I suppose that the byte representation of a song I sing (without the beat accompanying my singing) and the byte representation of an actual song would be different... anyways. I think this is an algorithm that YouTube does use to detect 'copy right' violations. hope this is of any help to you.

Take a look at how UltraStar and/or Perfomous (both are open source) do the scoring. Looks like almost what you are looking for.

Hello friends,
Thank you so much for all your replies. It boosted up me. I am going to implement all of your ideas. I will get back soon......

Hi friends,
I am working on the windows system. So dont know how to use "od" command. I have gone through the UltraStar source code. There is no explanation about its coding and the coding is in Pascal. I dont know pascal, So I am helpless. I need some Audio fingerprinting technique or else the "Query by singing" methods to compare the audio file with the singing input. Please give me ur suggestions......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.