I am developing a desktop application in Java using Netbeans and MySQL database.Now i want to distribute the software.How to distribute the software along with the database?What is the total procedure.Should i use any software for this?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I also have to distribute license to users.What are the steps required to give license number to user of the software.I am totally new in this field.So i need urgent help from you..Thanks

There are some third party softwares for making setup files which are available for free on web.
Just google it and you'll find it..

As you said that yours is java application , the user of your program should have java(JRE) installed on his computer inorder to run your program..

There are some third party softwares for making setup files which are available for free on web.
Just google it and you'll find it..

As you said that yours is java application , the user of your program should have java(JRE) installed on his computer inorder to run your program..

Thanks for the reply.But can you suggest me some third party reknowned or easy to use softwares for this purpose?

You could check out IzPack.

as licenses are concerned: random generator might do. if you want only those who paid for a license to be able to use it, link a username and a serial nr in a db you control, and put a check in the application, that checks whether or not the users serial nr and username come up with a match in your db

And how to do the communication?
If there will be a database in my computer and the user will install the software in different computer.Then how will the user pc will be activated from the serial number and user name in my database?what should be the way of communication?
I actually have no idea.I am very new with these things.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.