Hi everyone,

I am doing a Java course at uni at the moment and it kinda doesn't make you become a real programmer with the confidence that a programmer should have. I really want to program in Java and any language(not python though because it is not a user-friendly programming language... its syntax is horrible!!! sorry python programmers) The problem I'm facing is that I don't know how to think like a real programmer.. If anyone can help, that'd be GREAT and be a life saver for a young man like me..

Looking forward to fellows' thoughts on this...

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You know what , thats why youre not thinking like a normal programmers usually do because your lacking self confidence .. just boost yourself and think that your one of the best programmers .. cheer up guy :)

Hi everyone,

I am doing a Java course at uni at the moment and it kinda doesn't make you become a real programmer with the confidence that a programmer should have. I really want to program in Java and any language(not python though because it is not a user-friendly programming language... its syntax is horrible!!! sorry python programmers) The problem I'm facing is that I don't know how to think like a real programmer.. If anyone can help, that'd be GREAT and be a life saver for a young man like me..

Looking forward to fellows' thoughts on this...

You seem to be looking for a fast track way to become a good programmer and no just positive thinking isn't enough, and you are correct your course will not perform some enchantments on you that viola at the end of it you will become a good programmer.

A programmer is just a problem solver, First hes given a problem, next he has to solve it, When he successfully solves the problem, he backtracks on the steps he used to solve the problem (the Algorithm) and then converts the steps into code.

And how do you get good at solving problems ... by solving problems (start small like printing the pascal triangle or some patterns and slowly moving up).

commented: Agreed. +15

Thanks guys for passing by.

@ Christot... No offense is taken at all. Every opinion is respected as much as it deserves the respect. At the end of the day, it is just an opinion.

@Stephen...Any good websites to start with?

:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.