anyone can help me?
i have a task from my teacher. He asked me to make a simple image processing program that can process 2D image with this feature:
-the program can make a translation, rotation (an angle of rotation with arbitrary), scaling, and shearing.
-the program can make an input with "browse input image" feature.
-result of processed image can be saved.
addition: it will be better if the program support a clipping process.

2D objects that processed is prepared on a number of line segments in the world coordinate system. Data on these objects are presented in a text file with the following format:

Object name
N1(number of points/dots)
N2(number of line segment)
X1 Y1(first point/dot)
X2 Y2(second point/dot)
XN1 YN1(point to the N1)
TA1 TB1(first line segment, connecting TA1 to TB1)
TA2 TB2(second line segment, connecting TA2 to TB2)
TAN2 TBN2 (N2 line segment, connecting TAN2 to TBN2)

example:
rectangle
0.1 1.1
0.1 2.3
5.4 1.1
5.4 2.3
1 2
2 4
3 4
3 1

this program will be emailed to my teacher's email no later than 8 hours away from now.
I wonder if I can post such a thing in this forum, but I have a big hope te get an answer from this forum.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I doubt you could write this program in 8 hours.

You can create a Shape with those line segments, and use an AffineTransform in Graphics2D to rotate/shear/ etc
But 8 hours from now? Wow, that's going to be tough. Your teacher must be really challenging you to give you such short notice. (I assume, of course, that you haven't known about this for ages, but only just got round to it because the deadline was looming :icon_rolleyes: )

yeah, that's going to be tough with only 8 hours and I was stunned that you doubt anyone could write this program in 8 hours. I tought i could find any source code for this problem from internet easily (that just what i tought when i heard this task, but right now I have not been able to find).

thanks for the information about an "AffineTransform in Graphics2D" i will learn to use it. but, first i have to create this program as soon as possible for now and I need anyone who has experience to do it now. I will surely learn about it later.
(Maybe,if anyone will help me do this task, please comment that you will do. I will wait until you edit that comment and fill it with your answer. This makes me look like a lazy person, but i really need help )

I won't around for the full 8 hours, but if you get started I'll try to support you with information and problem solving as far as I can (and so will others on DaniWeb, I'm sure), but you'll still have to do the real work.. Good luck!

i think i broke these rules
-To not ask for code. We are not a coding service. We will help you fix your code.
If anyone posts working code for you, they are a cheater.
If you use that code you are a cheater.
-Do not post your requirements and nothing else. We view that as a lazy do-nothing student that wants us to do their work for them. That's cheating and we will be hard on you.
-Do not tell us how urgent it is. Seriously, for us there is no urgency at all. Many that can help will ignore any URGENT or ASAP requests.

i read them just now, so i close this problem. thanks anyway

hello acimage, welcome to DaniWeb

Did you notice that this thread is a year old, and the OP had only 8 hours to complete it? Your post is a bit late!
Also, this is the Java forum, and the OP needed a Java solution, so c# isn't very relevant.

Finally: Do you have any connection with the site you linked to? DaniWeb Member Rules (which you agreed to when you signed up) include a "Keep it Spam-Free" section. Please read that before posting again:

"Do ensure that all posts contain relevant content and substance and are not simply vehicles for external links"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.