I was given a client and server and I have to create a gui for it. I have done the entering part using the JTextField and the problem is getting the output of the class to go to JTextArea. (Its a Client server simple chat program)

Here is the set up I currently have

the client is a class and the GUI is another class. The GUI creates the class base on the user input ( read from the JTextField) and I am suppose to return the consol message like the userinput message , connected and etc.... from the consol onto the JTextArea. Am I suppose to create a get funcion in the class and call it eveytime I get a message?
I read on line that you re -direct the standard out (System.out.print/println) to JTextArea but it have to be in the same class and mine is not

Any one got a clue what I should do?

I was given a client and server and I have to create a gui for it. I have done the entering part using the JTextField and the problem is getting the output of the class to go to JTextArea. (Its a Client server simple chat program)

Here is the set up I currently have

the client is a class and the GUI is another class. The GUI creates the class base on the user input ( read from the JTextField) and I am suppose to return the consol message like the userinput message , connected and etc.... from the consol onto the JTextArea. Am I suppose to create a get funcion in the class and call it eveytime I get a message?
I read on line that you re -direct the standard out (System.out.print/println) to JTextArea but it have to be in the same class and mine is not

Any one got a clue what I should do?

never mind , I created the whole thing on the client side

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.