Hi, I am using NetBeans as my IED to make game in JAVA i want to make a line on left hand side this is the code i wrote:

Body staticplatform = new Body (world, PolygonShape.makeBox(50, 7), Body.Type.STATIC);
staticPlatform.setPosition(new Vec2(-0, -200));

how can i make this line on right hand side.....And i also want to know how can I add background to my game?? i got the background image..... do i need background as a new class??

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

you may be a bit mroe clear about what exactly you are doing. a Swing gui, a web app, ..
and what Body class are you using? also, what do you mean by 'Platform'

What package(s) are the classes you are using in?
Do you have some API doc for the classes in that package?

basically we are making 2D game for desktop, our university have provided with a library and the word Platform is the name of my variables..i would have copy and pasted all my code but our university scans online code with ours and anything similar gets found then i might be in trouble. and what do you means by package(s) means(NormR1) ....i only want to know how to change background and how can I make my platform on right hand side of the screen???
thanks!!!

what do you means by package(s)

Most classes are included in a package. For example: java.io or javax.swing are packages.

I have never heard of the class you are using and have no idea what it does. You will have to read the API doc for the class to see how to use it.
If you have any questions about the classes in Java SE post your code and ask your questions.

NormR1 is this what the packages your talking about:
import city.soi.platform.*;
import java.awt.event.KeyListener;
import java.awt.event.KeyEvent;
import javax.swing.ImageIcon;
import javax.swing.JFrame;
these are the one i am using right now

import city.soi.platform.*;

As I said you are not using java SE classes so I have no idea how to use them

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.