Hi guys what I want to do is set a new setSize which I can do but it just appears. Therefore what I want is for the setSize to move over time instead of just flicker and appear.

Any help would be appriciated:

if (e.getSource() == set) {
    setSize(1000,1000);

}

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Do you mean that you want the component to grow "slowly", like an animation?

Hi guys what I want to do is set a new setSize which I can do but it just appears. Therefore what I want is for the setSize to move over time instead of just flicker and appear.

Any help would be appriciated:

if (e.getSource() == set) {
    setSize(1000,1000);

}

dont really know if this may help but what about using a for loop and incrementing by say 25 until 1000? and maybe the flickering will lessen?

Do you mean that you want the component to grow "slowly", like an animation?

Thats what I mean't sorry if I didn't explain clearly

Use a javax.swing.Timer to execute an actionPerformed method every (eg) 60 millisecs. In each execution of the method increase the size by a small amount (eg 4 pixels). When it reaches the desired size, stop the Timer.
Doc and examples for Swing Timer in all the usual places.

Use a javax.swing.Timer to execute an actionPerformed method every (eg) 60 millisecs. In each execution of the method increase the size by a small amount (eg 4 pixels). When it reaches the desired size, stop the Timer.
Doc and examples for Swing Timer in all the usual places.

Could you show an example?

There are loads of examples and tutorials on the web. Just Google

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.