Hey everyone,

So i've been doing some reasearch and I can't seem to find the answer to my problem anywhere. It could also be that I don't really understand the articles I find in google but I figured I'd ask here since everyone is always so helpful.

So for a class we were told to design an app. Could be anything we wanted. So, being the twitter freak I am, i wanted to make a java twitter app. So i downloaded some libraries (TwitterJ4) but I don't know what to do with them. We are not allowed to use a JDE so I'm doing this all with BBEdit. Where do I put these library files? I read something about putting it in the class path but I am not 100% sure what that means. When i do a echo $classpath in terminal nothing happens. I don't have trouble compiling java files with javac or running them as long as i do javac -d . *.java which is because the classpath not being there?

So basically im asking:
* Where do I put library files?
* Should I do anything about the $classpath

Thanks!

Can anyone help?

I'm having a heck of a time figuring this out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.