I know I asked this before, so I appologize but I just need to write this program for an extra credit assignment and frankly I don't know a thing about arrays and don't have time to learn since I have another final coming up so if anyone could be so kind as to show me a basic outline or anything of the following:

"Write a program that will read a line of text that ends witha period, which serves as a sentinal value. Display all the letters that occur in the text, one per line and in alphabetical order, along with the number of times each letter occurs in the text. Use an array of base type int of length 26, so that the element at index 0 contains the number of a's, the element and index 1 contains the number of b's and so forth. Allow both uppercase and lowercase letters as input, but treat uppercase and lowercase versions the same letter as being equal. Allow the user to repeat this task until the user says she or he is through."

That would be amazing

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I just need to write this program for an extra credit assignment and frankly I don't know a thing about arrays and don't have time to learn

this kind of says it all. either learn about arrays, which would take you about ten/twenty minutes, or fail the task.
does the word 'plagiarism' mean anything to you?

Spend what time you do have learning about arrays and forget trying to finesse extra credits. If you don't understand arrays you certainly won't get any further anyway.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.