Hi
i just export my project on ubuntu and when i run from terminal
i have this error java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
and in my project the mysql connector is located in the desktop..
any solution please

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Your classpath needs to contain an entry that refers to the jar or folder that contains the missing class (in a folder structure that matches the package names)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<classpath>
    <classpathentry kind="src" path="src"/>
    <classpathentry excluding="src/" kind="src" path=""/>
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/JavaSE-1.6"/>
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER"/>
    <classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" patmysql-connector-java-5.1.3h="/home/sam/Desktop/mysql-connector-java-5.1.30/1/mysql-connector-java-5.1.31-bin.jar"/>
    <classpathentry kind="output" path="bin"/>
</classpath>

i have change it from <classpathentry exported="true" kind="lib" path="/home/sam/Desktop/mysql-connector-java-5.1.30/mysql-connector-java-5.1.31/mysql-connector-java-5.1.31-bin.jar"/> to /usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java-5.1.31-bin.jar
and still not working

Do you have read permission for the file and/or the directory (for world too)? Also, you have the .jar file in /usr/share/java directory?

Also, this post may relate to your problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.