Hi everyone

I have to write client/server client/client chat program for at least three machines(users) connected together to chat using java
My questions are
1. Do i need to have a server installed ina one of the machines.
2. Do i have to run the server side onf the application on the server or can i jusr run either(i.e the client application and the server applcation) on any machine

thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

That is a pure personal choice design question. If it is going to be local intranet anyway, you could do simple multicast and let each "client" receive and broadcast the messages themselves, without any kind of a server.

thanks alot let me try that

thanks alot let me try that

mate get copy of Deitel & Deitel JAVA How to Program 6th Edition and look up chapter 24 Case Study (but don't try to cheat your teach will know it :twisted: )

Or any of a lot of others. This is a very common example of the networking capabilities of Java used in many programming courses either as an assignment or as a case study.

The fun is figuring it out yourself rather than taking some ready made solution and trying to make it look like something you made yourself ;)

hello peter ..
this side jeet..
peter actully write now i am working on chatting programe.. so i need help about it ...if u have a script related chatting using java.... frowarded me ..
thannx..........

commented: thread hijacking homework kiddo -3

no, we're not going to do your homework for you, thread hijacking homework kiddo.

hello peter ..
this side jeet..
peter actully write now i am working on chatting programe.. so i need help about it ...if u have a script related chatting using java.... frowarded me ..
thannx..........

As per me original post, get your hands on the book and learn how to do it. Besides I do not have any scripts, but I had long time ago code examples from that book. You can actualy get examples if you register with deitel website. However without book explanation they are useless for beginner and your teacher will find it out

I have to write client/server client/client chat program for at least three machines(users) connected together to chat using java.......
i want the coding guys... please help.....

commented: "You have to write" is the important part here. Get started. -3

:sigh: No. Closing this zombie now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.