If it is possible please guide me.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Google for a third party program for doing this, but it is not recommended. Why take a language meant for creating cross-platform software, and take that exact advantage away by turing the product into a native executable which can then only be run on one platform?

I agree with Masijade, one would tend to not create an 'exe' file from a Java program. Indeed there should exist a byte code to exe compiler, though I wonder how efficient/valid one would be; Java is a growing language and some of the specifications of Java aren't easily portable to C++ (which is what a 'class' to 'exe' compiler would likely attempt to do).

What usually happens is that we create a 'jar' file. This file is recognized by Java and executes much like an 'exe' file; the only catch is that you must have Java installed, which of course you do. The easiest way is to make a 'jar' file is to use NetBeans :D

If you look as far as page 2 of the forum, this is answered in two different threads. Please take some time to find answers on your own before you ask others to hand them to you.

If it is possible please guide me.

Yeah its possible, kills the cross platform concept of java though, but whether for proof of concept or you cant live without .exe in your windows, or for whatever reasons it maybe, yes its do-able...

well, you could use Microsoft J# .NET, but then you'd be needing the .NET Framework installed, rather than having and using Java installed.

or you can use software like "JarToExe Convert Wizard" @ http://www.regexlab.com/en/jar2exe/

or JexePack a command line tool allowing you to package your Java application (class files), optionally along with its resources (like GIF/JPG/TXT/etc), into a single compressed 32-bit Windows EXE, which runs using Sun's Java Runtime Environment. @ http://www.duckware.com/jexepack/index.html

or u can just use google look for more software, and say ... put a search like "java to exe" or something like that.

<sigh!*whenever this subject comes out, it always reminds me of Python, Py2exe*>

:-/

Hey i also got that question some tym before..i dont know the exact reason y java didnt allow to create .exe files.....

but java can create .class files.
also u can create .jar files..
jar files can be executed in java virtual machine enviorenment.there are some software tools support to create exe files in the internet.but they also not efficient...

but its not a prob when u created a .jar file....

bye....

commented: Please read the forum guidelines regarding proper English. "Text speak" abbreviations are not appropriate. -1

i am java fresher a have good logic skill still i want to improve any guidence

i am java fresher a have good logic skill still i want to improve any guidence

This post, in this thread, is not, exactly, an endorsement of your claim of having "good logic skill".

This post, in this thread, is not, exactly, an endorsement of your claim of having "good logic skill".

lol

making of game in java

making of game in java

Asking of coherent question in new thread.

commented: hahaha. +4

You probably want to be able to run a java program by clicking an icon instead of running from the command line or from an IDE.

Create a .jar file, put it on your desktop and click away.

File name : abc.txt

Sunday 21/11/2009

Debasish 20 Bangalore
Amit 25 Orissa
Biswajit 32 Pune

Monday 22/11/2009

Lulu 24 Orissa
Bikash 29 Bombay
Masanta 21 Delhi

Tuesday 23/11/2009

Mahesh 22 Delhi
Mithun 34 Kolkata
Hashan 29 Lucknow

Sunday 21/11/2009

Amit 25 Orissa
Biswajit 32 Pune
Debasish 20 Bangalore

Monday 22/11/2009

Bikash 29 Bombay
Lulu 24 Orissa
Masanta 21 Delhi

Tuesday 23/11/2009

Hashan 29 Lucknow
Mahesh 22 Delhi
Mithun 34 Kolkata

:: my requirement is i have a existing txt file like this as above and i need output will come like this. if possible add time stamp...

give me the coding if anybody know....

commented: Start your own thread [i]and[/i] do your own homework. -2

Yeah, I think I can do that in about ten minutes for you. But first, how much are you going to donate to Daniweb for wasting everyone's time?

What is this? Has this thread become the new "I'll just dump my trash here" thread?

you need to convert jar file into exe using 3rd party softwares. And i guess op has purpose of converting it into native code, he might want to distribute it to others hes not exactly sure if theres java installed. Sorry poor english

Uhm, the last post here was about two years ago, and the last meaningful post was about four years ago. Killing this zombie now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.