Hi,
nice to meet you guys, i have a questions needs some helps from you guys, at the moment i have to get a title for my final year project, and i am totally got no idea in my mind, so can anyone give me some hints on the title using JAVA language. thanks alot

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

Well, what's the content going to be? Don't worry about the title until you have an idea of the content.

Generate fractal, given a formulae generate fractal

Well, what's the content going to be? Don't worry about the title until you have an idea of the content.

Thanks for your reply i appreciate it a lot, at the moment i don't think i got any contents for my project as well, because i would like to understand more on what can java language do. for example what type of business problem solving by using java language rather then using other programming languages to create the system.
thanks for helping

That's what I thought. You're not looking for a title, you just simply cannot come up with your idea. Coming up with a project is one of the points of leaving the choice of project up to the student. So they can show some creativity. Both in the selection of a project and in the coding of it (which should be better than the assignments were, since this is something that the student wanted to do himself, and so should be done with some passion). So, come up with a few ideas, and then post those ideas here, and we can tell you which ones, if any, are either too ambitious, or too simple, or simply too common.

That's what I thought. You're not looking for a title, you just simply cannot come up with your idea. Coming up with a project is one of the points of leaving the choice of project up to the student. So they can show some creativity. Both in the selection of a project and in the coding of it (which should be better than the assignments were, since this is something that the student wanted to do himself, and so should be done with some passion). So, come up with a few ideas, and then post those ideas here, and we can tell you which ones, if any, are either too ambitious, or too simple, or simply too common.

hahaha i understand that the title should choice by student.. actually i had submitted some idea to my lecturer. which is helping a company director or manager to monitor their workers and their workers jobs through the website. but my lecturer had rejected on this idea. he suggested me to look for some idea that is more computation. another idea is create an application using java and the application will automatically calculate the company project costing including the labour costing, paper costing and printing cost, how ever some people told me that is better to use C language to do this idea because i need to connect to the printer and java won't be so easy to do so,
so at the moment other then this two ideas i hope i can get some more comments or ideas which will more suitable for java language. hope you can understand on what i need.. thanks for helping :)

So who told you that? That idea sounds just fine. There is an entire printing package in Java, and I don't know that the printing part of the program would be the deciding factor anyway. Especially since you could simply create a file (text, PDF, etc), or a webpage or something, for output and let the user print it using some other program, if you have trouble with that part of it in Java.

So who told you that? That idea sounds just fine. There is an entire printing package in Java, and I don't know that the printing part of the program would be the deciding factor anyway. Especially since you could simply create a file (text, PDF, etc), or a webpage or something, for output and let the user print it using some other program, if you have trouble with that part of it in Java.

ok... thanks for your guidance i will try to talk to my lecturer and see will he approve this idea. and i would like to know where can i get some sample codes for the printing package in java because i had never use that before and never learn it as well

http://java.sun.com/ It is of course, part of the standard JDK. Read the API docs for java.awt.print and javax.print and look for the tutorials.

so first you are too lazy to think up your own project idea, and now you want people to write the code for you so you don't have to do that either.

I hope you fail utterly.

http://java.sun.com/ It is of course, part of the standard JDK. Read the API docs for java.awt.print and javax.print and look for the tutorials.

thank you for your guidance. and the link. :)

so first you are too lazy to think up your own project idea, and now you want people to write the code for you so you don't have to do that either.

I hope you fail utterly.

thanks for your wishes. if i really fail my third year thats also will be my other subjects won't be this. and i am here not to ask ppl to write the code for me or taking any advantage from you guys what i need is comments, discussions thats it and i am just asking some example coding which related to the printing because i had no idea how the printing code looks like even in java.sun got so many lines of codes that i never see before. anyway thanks for your hoping and your lesson.

It's actually nice to get something that looks something similliar to a discussion here in the java forum. So please don't flame his thread, tryh to support him instead.

It's actually nice to get something that looks something similliar to a discussion here in the java forum. So please don't flame his thread, tryh to support him instead.

thanks for your support

You know what, i think you are cool and you just need a little encouragement. You should go for what ever project you have in mind, i especially prefere the second one and if you need a code to print, do not worry about that for now when you need the code you will have it. Just start up with your project. The code is pretty simple and you can handle the printing APIs. Just believe in yourself.

Cool, last reply from the thread is nearly year old and the project should be already submitted, if not failed. You may be in time for graduation ceremony...

or more likely for the retry as the kiddo is likely to have failed his assignment last year ;)

Can anyone send me a good final year java project like online exam or something like that with the synopsis and source code and all the things it will be a gr8 help ..
ty

commented: For somone who can't even read the date to figure out the thread is over a year old - forget it -7
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.