1.11M Members

Starting "Java" [Java tutorials / resources / faq]

Some links are no longer active.. Cheers!!

> Some links are no longer active.. Cheers!!

If you can point me to specific sections, I can get them fixed.

Question Answered as of 2 Years Ago by Ezzaral, peter_budo, masijade and 14 others

Eclipse Juno SR2 (version 4.2) is the latest stable recommended release. The "Windows 64 bit" is the version you need. Go for the "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, 150 MB" configuration unless you need the facilities of another version (eg Java EE)
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/

I have been a big fan of this tutorial series, and continually use this series as a reference whenever I need to quickly lookup something. The author (Derek Banas) of this particular series does an excellent job in teaching from the basics to the more advanced topics. He essentially covers every major topic, that one would need to know about Java programming. I would definitely suggest, if you are a beginner starting here, especially if your like me, and find reading a textbook rather stagnant.

Isn't it about time forums rewarded their contributors?

Earn rewards points for helping others. Gain kudos. Cash out. Get better answers yourself.

It's as simple as contributing editorial or replying to discussions labeled or OP Kudos

You
This question has already been solved: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article