Hi,

Hello, I apologize if i got the wrong thread to post...can you help me please,where is the forum for learning a cobol language?because i want to learn this language i'm still beginner on this and i have not yet tried to code...Thank you in advance and I'm Hoping for your positive response...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Look under "Legacy and other languages". COBOL is one of those ancient languages that is not used very much any more outside financial institutions such as banks. You probably won't find much help for it here at DaniWeb. You might start learning COBOL by reading some of these tutorials.

What operating system are you planning to use for your COBOL programs? Here are some free COBOL compilers for MS-Windows.

Look under "Legacy and other languages". COBOL is one of those ancient languages that is not used very much any more outside financial institutions such as banks. You probably won't find much help for it here at DaniWeb. You might start learning COBOL by reading some of these tutorials.

What operating system are you planning to use for your COBOL programs? Here are some free COBOL compilers for MS-Windows.

Hello sir,

Sir thank you for this I am using windows xp..okay i will try to read some tutorial and i will try also in the Legacy and other languages...more power to you always...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.